The Royston Business Awards recognise businesses who have demonstrated success, innovation and commitment to the local community in the past year.
After a very successful award ceremony in 2018, the Royston Business Awards are back for 2020!
The Royston Chamber of Commerce are celebrating the success of local businesses by recognising those which have made a positive impact in the town and surrounding areas, and are focused on business excellence.
There are 9 awards in total.
You can nominate a business/individual or enter your own business/individual for the awards listed below 1 – 8;
- Best New Business (less than 2 years old)
- Best Small Business (0-9 employees)
- Best Large Business (10+ employees)
- Best Eating and Drinking Place
- Employee of the Year
- Customer Service Excellence
- Green Award
- Contribution to the Town
There is also a Chamber of Commerce Award which is voted for by the Committee.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We strongly encourage businesses to enter themselves/their staff for the awards. In addition, members of the public, customers/clients can nominate a business/individual too. This form can be used for both purposes.
In 2018, we received lots of entries, some of which didn’t meet the criteria. Please ensure that you follow the guidelines below, before completing it, in order for us to judge your nomination effectively.
ENTRY IS FREE and companies or individuals who work or who are based in Ashwell or the SG8 areas are eligible. To enter the awards simply complete this entry form by Tuesday 31st March 2020.
Those who are shortlisted will need to meet with two of our judging panel who will be selecting the winners.
Companies can enter themselves into more than one category.
The award ceremony will take place in a luxury marquee at Burloes Hall, Royston, on Thursday 25th June 2020. Attendees will enjoy a welcome drink, 3 course meal and entertainment.
If you own a local business and are interested in joining the Royston Chamber of Commerce for just £30 per year then please contact email@example.com or call 01763 877110 or see www.roystonchamber.org for more details.
The closing date for entries/nominations is
TUESDAY 31ST MARCH 2020.
Voting is now closed.
Please provide as many details as possible linked to the category chosen, include customer testimonials where appropriate. To add documents and other supporting materials to your nomination, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any files you wish to be included along with your name and the company you are nominating. These documents will be used by the judges when considering the nomination.
|AWARD CATEGORY||CRITERIA – THE COMMENTS SHOULD INCLUDE ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING POINTS;|
|Best New Business (less than 2 yrs old)||This award can be entered by businesses who have been trading for less than two years and can demonstrate outstanding performance and vision for their business. Judges will be assessing how the company has performed, whether it has met objectives, how it may have overcome obstacles, and its future projections.What is your vision for the business and how did it get started? Was it based on customer insight/demand? What are the business objectives for the next 24 months and what actions will be taken to achieve these? What do you offer the local community?|
|Best Small Business (less than 10 employees)||This award will go to the business (employing less than 10 members of staff) who can demonstrate high levels of growth and a clear plan for sustained financial performance. You will be able to provide supporting evidence to show outstanding initiative and entrepreneurship.Please outline any key changes to business performance and profitability in the last 12 months, and briefly describe the key factors leading to these changes. Have you invested in your employees, additional marketing, further investment? What are your business objectives, including financial, for the next 24 months, and how will they be achieved? How will you measure performance? What contribution have you made to the town?|
|Best Large Business (10+ employees)||This award will go to the business (with 10+ employees) who can demonstrate exceptional levels of growth with a plan for sustainable performance, and sound management practices.Provide evidence of your business strategy and the development of your business as a result. You will be able to demonstrate controlled growth, sustainable and strong performance within your marketplace.Have you invested in training for employees? Introduced flexible working procedures, staff initiatives, promotions, internal recruitment? Please demonstrate the results of this investment. What contribution have you made to the town?|
|Employee of the Year||This award recognises the actions that an employee makes to their company’s success. Whether it is over a period of time, or through specific one-off actions, the winner will have made a distinctive contribution to the business success. Please support your answer with testimonials and/or specific examples;How has this person contributed to the business in the past 12 months? What actions have they taken above and beyond the call of duty?In what ways has the employee’s action added value to the business? Financial rewards, business growth, awareness, return on investment?|
|Customer Service Excellence||The winner of this category will have provided exceptional service to people who buy from the business. They will be able to provide evidence to support their points. Please support your answer with testimonials and/or specific examples;How does your business ensure customer service excellence?How has providing outstanding customer service been good for your business? If a customer service issue arises, how does your business deal with that situation?|
|Contribution to the Town||The winner of this category will be an individual who has made a significant contribution to the town. They will have shown that they: Have gone the extra mile above and beyond their call of duty or have undertaken voluntary work in their spare time or have raised money for a local charityPlease provide specific examples to support the above points.|
|Green Award||This award recognises steps an organisation has taken to become “Green”. They will be able to provide evidence to support their points. What new bold actions or policies have the business taken or introduced within the past 12 months to take the lead on sustainability and reduce environmental impact? How has this action impacted the employees and/or clients of the business? Are there any measurable outcomes resulting from these actions or policies? Are there any plans for the future of expanding these actions or policies?|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Royston Business Awards are free to enter.
- Any businesses can enter/be nominated that are based in Ashwell or the SG8 area.
- All entries/nominations must be submitted on an entry/nomination form which you can fill out online on the Royston Chamber of Commerce website or obtain from Royston Library.
- All hard copy nominations must be handed in at Royston Library.
- No liability for entries lost or delayed will be accepted.
- Businesses can enter any number of different award categories but separate entry forms and supporting statements are required.
- Please note that comments are required, to show why the business met the criteria for the Award. Examples will be particularly helpful and the quality of the comments will count towards the decision.
- Third parties can nominate businesses/individuals or businesses can enter themselves.
- No nominations will be accepted after Tuesday 31st March 2020.
- Applicants must be available for an interview with 2 judges during the month of April 2020.
- Any shortlisted applicants must be happy to share company information – which will be treated in confidence.
- The organisers reserve the right to publicise the results of the awards in the press.
- Photographs taken on the night may also be used in the press/online. Please advise if you do not wish your photograph to be used in any publicity.
- The decision of the judges and of the Committee of the Chamber of Commerce is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By registering and completing any entry for the awards you agree to these Terms and Conditions.